Core System Updates
Our January - March 2019 release was almost exclusively focused on improvements to our Performance Management module. We describe in more detail below, but here is a quick summary of some of the changes you will find in this release.
- Introduction of Appraisal Types - Major framework change to allow you to create different kinds of appraisal for different employees.
- Updates to Performance Management Workflow and Screens - We made significant changes to core areas of the PM screens, including the removal of the concepts of Review Periods and consolidating archived reviews down to the 'Completed' status only. Achievement levels were also modified to make each one customize-able, within the appraisal type detail screen.
- New client side approach - Page responsiveness is much improved from moving to a more client side approach to employee appraisals.
- Improved User Interface - Improvements to layout and responsiveness of screen elements focused on our PM system.
- SMS/Text Messaging - Introduction of ability to text message candidates directly from the candidate detail screen. Additional feature Add-On
- Recruiter Workflow Tasks - Assign tasks to employees in the organization and track the progress of those tasks from within the candidate detail screen.
With this release, we are introducing the concepts of Appraisal Types into the performance management solution. With appraisal types, you can create different kids of appraisal for different subsets of employees, individual employees or even different types of appraisals for the same employee. This is a perfect addition for organizations wishing to create weekly check in or narrative only type feedback appraisals for some employees and competency or goal driven appraisal for other employees. In the Settings section under the Appraisal Settings, you can see a list of all of your appraisal types (Figure 1.1)
Figure 1.1 - Appraisal Types
Figure 1.2 - Edit Appraisal Types Detail Screen
Enhanced Performance Management Library:
With the addition of the new appraisal types, we were also able to introduce a new approach to working with library items. All core sections library items have now been merged into one, with the ability to create different categories and add content to those categories, appropriately (Figure 1.3).
Figure 1.3 - PM Library
As part of this release, administrators and recruiters will now have the ability to have a two-way text message conversation with a candidate, right from within the candidate detail screen. This is an additional add-on feature and will need to be configured by someone from the AgileHR team. If you are interested in this feature, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can answer any questions you may have. Once the feature is turned on, you will have a candidate detail experience that looks like the one in Figure 1.4.
Figure 1.4 - SMS/Text Messaging Screen
Recruiter Workflow Tasks:
Also as part of this release, we are introducing the concept of recruiter workflow tasks. Tasks that are tracked as part of candidate recruiting can be created and categorized in the system and assigned to specific employees for completion. As these tasks are completed, or feedback is created regarding the tasks, admins or recruiters can track the progress of each of these items. From the candidate detail screen, progress can be tracked and reminder emails sent regarding each of the tasks. You can see an example of this feature in Figure 1.5.
Figure 1.5 - Recruiter Workflow Tasks